At our clinic treatment is performed for abnormal toenails, calluses and corns, warts and wounds (sores) on feet. Sometimes we assess and treat lower leg wounds.
Quarry Medical is here to help you keep your feet healthy and pain-free. Our team of skilled doctors and nurses offer a wide range of services to help you with your feet. Here is a quick overview of the problems we can address and services we provide.
● Foot Care ● Ingrown Toenails
- Corns and Calluses ● Plantar Fasciitis
- Nail Care ● Warts
● Custom Orthotics
● Compression Stockings
● Diabetic Foot Care
● Fungal Nails
Why is foot care important?
Over time, diabetes can cause you to lose feeling in your feet. When you lose feeling in your feet, you may not feel a pebble inside your sock or a blister on your foot, which can lead to cuts and sores. Diabetes also can lower the amount of blood flow in your feet. Numbness and less blood flow in the feet can lead to foot problems.
Foot care is very important for all people with diabetes, for many people without diabetes, and even more so if you have:
● pain or loss of feeling in your feet (numbness, tingling)
● changes in the shape of your feet or toes
● sores, cuts, or ulcers on your feet that do not heal
Steps You Can Take:
1. Check your feet every day.
2. Wash your feet every day.
3. Keep the skin soft and smooth.
4. Smooth corns and calluses gently.
5. If you can see, reach, and feel your feet, trim your toenails regularly.
6. Wear shoes and socks at all times.
7. Protect your feet from hot and cold.
8. Do not smoke or use nicotine products.
9. Be more active.
10. Have your health care team check your feet often.
11. Take care of your diabetes.
12. Know when to see a professional.